Recommendations for use
• Treatment with Imovane should be prescribed by doctor. Since the
exact causes of insomnia is always very difficult to determine, so it is
almost impossible to treat the disease completely. Imovane does not
cure insomnia, but the correct use of the drug in limited doses for a
long time, will help to improve sleep quality
• Long-term therapy with Imovane is not recommended due to the
fact that long-term use of the drug may worsen symptoms. Maximum
treatment duration is 1 month, after which it is necessary to take a
• Elderly patients over 65 years, and patients with chronic liver
disease or lung disease, are prescribed a reduced daily dose of 3.75 mg.
With good tolerability, the dose can be gradually increased to 7.5 mg.
• Imovane is contraindicated in case of: Severe respiratory failure,
myasthenia gravis, obstructive sleep apnea, as well as in severe
psychosis and psychosomatic diseases.
• Patients under 16 years old should not take this sleeping pills
• Women during pregnancy should refuse to take Imovane, since it
is not known how this medication may affect the formation and
functioning of the central nervous system of the fetus.
• In the treatment of insomnia during lactation, breast-feeding should be temporarily discontinued.